Brain, Behavior, and Immunity
2015 Journal Impact Factor: 5.874
Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, founded in 1987, is the official journal of the Psychoneuroimmunology Research Society (PNIRS). This innovative journal publishes peer-reviewed basic, experimental, and clinical studies dealing with behavioral, neural, endocrine, and immune system interactions in humans and animals. It is an international, interdisciplinary journal devoted to investigation of the physiological systems that integrate behavioral and immunological responses. The journal welcomes original research in neuroscience, immunology, integrative physiology, behavioral biology, psychiatry, psychology, and clinical medicine and is inclusive of research at the molecular, cellular, social, and organismic levels. The journal features online submission and review, leading to timely publication of experimental results. There are no submission fees or page charges for Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, which is published six times a year. Detailed instructions for authors can be found at http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ybrbi.
Research areas include:
- Neurochemical and hormonal mechanisms that convey messages to and from the immune system and brain;
- Stress and immunity, including the role of stress-related hormones and neurotransmitters on the immune system and brain;
- Actions of cytokines and growth factors on neuronal and glial cells to regulate behavior, cognition, and neuroendocrine function;
- Roles of hormones, growth factors, and cytokines in the immune and central nervous systems;
- Inflammation, neuroscience, and behavior;
- Neuroimmunopharmacology and the immunomodulating effects of psychotropic drugs and drugs of abuse;
- Sleep, exercise, immunity, and health;
- Roles of cytokines, hormones, and neurotransmitters in the aging immune system and brain;
- Cancer, brain, and immunity;
- Regulation of nerve injury and repair by the immune system;
- Psychosocial, behavioral, and neuroendocrine influences on immunity and on the development and progression of immunologically mediated disease processes;
- Genomics of behavior and immunity.